Saturday, May 26, 2012

This week in a nutshell

Great week of training.  We are squatting 3 times a week, so it has been interesting to see how you adapt.  One would think you would be a sore, miserable mess but actually, my legs feel great.  No soreness at all.

Monday I did giant sets:

-Squat: 332x5, 342x4, 352x3, 362x1, 372x1 belt only.
-T-bar rows: 5x10
-axle curls: 5x10
-Standing db oh press: 5x8

Wednesday saw these giant sets:
-Front squats: 185x5, x5, x5, x5, x5 no belt
-Db floor press: 5x10
-Pull-ups: 5x5

Then dips: 4x15

Friday saw this super set:
-Squats: 240x10, x10, x10, x10, x10 no belt
-Deadlift: 315x5, 365x4, 405x3, 425x2, 445x1

My wife made it through these workouts with her own poundages and I am extremely proud of her for hanging tough.  I actually gave her a look after my 3rd set with the squat/deadlift super sets and she said, "Well, you can always quit!"  That made me do the last 2 no matter how much it hurt.

This morning we headed to the lake and my 8 year old won his first fishing derby with a 26" channel catfish.  It beat the second biggest fish by 2 inches and won him a nice mountain bike!  We had 2 others on the line, but he couldn't get the hook set.  So, I baited it up and tossed it out and set the hook for him.  Then he battled the beast in.  He was so damn happy, everyone was cheering for him and telling him that he caught a huge fish and they all wanted to touch it.  I was very proud and happy for him!

Now I am chilling for a bit then going to get gas for the grill.  I might rewire a couple porch lights today too if I can find the motivation!  One thing is for sure, with this 85 degree heat I am going to find my way to the basement fridge and dig out a couple ice cold Bud Light Limes...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment