I was at a small get together yesterday and sat and watched grown adults playing games on their cell phones. They all sat side by side, playing some game against others online. Are we for real? Seriously? I am not sure I like all this.
I can text on my phone and make phone calls, and that is as far as I take it. I dont have Facebook. I dont twitter. I do blog, but I do it more for me then anyone else. As you can see, I dont advertise this shit, I dont sell anything, and I dont link. I do this so I can rant and help some people out, and that is as far as I go. And, lately, I dont do it that often. Sorry, sometimes there are more important things to do.
And here is the best part, they were all complaining about wanting to exercise and lose weight. HA! Here is step one for EVERYONE who wants to get in shape: drop the phone, grab a dumbbell. It is that easy.
If it is this bad now, how bad will it be when my kids are adults? I know this, my kids wont have facebook. They wont tweet. They wont chat all night long. They will have preprogrammed cell phones and the internet will be used for school related and research type stuff. Period. Now I know people will say "sure, sure" but we live a little different here. Our kids have chores, our kids exercise, our kids eat right, and our kids know the difference between right and wrong. Is it any wonder our country is headed down the crap shoot??? Come on people, log the hell out and get back to what is real and here and now.
I bought my first cell phone when I was 22. 22. Now 6 year olds have them. Every where you go someone has a cell phone stuck to their heads. Soon we will have them surgically implanted in our heads. Necessary? No way. You chose to live your life like that. You chose to tune in live your life this way. You chose to be a lazy ass and get excited over some stupid online cell phone game instead of being excited about LIFE!
And if you think your kids arent watching, think again. Want to know what my 2 year old is doing right now? Running through the house with his toy fishing pole and tackle box, pretending to fish.
Yeah, no toy cell phone attached to his ear.
Here is my infomercial get in shape program: every time you want to tweet or get on Facebook, grab a 100 pound barbell and do 100 reps of something. Easy. I bet you it works and works FAST.
This internet shit is like CRACK. Detoxify for 30 days people, then let it go. Live your real life, not your online life. Get real friends and real hobbies, get outside and find something to do. Show your kids that there is more to life then THIS. Take your family to the lake and turn off your phones for the day. Tune into LIFE and LIVING.
Enough for now. I am going to get dressed and head out with the family to a secret little bass pond I discovered. In a few hours we will hopefully be hauling in some big bass and breathing in the fresh air. You should all do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment