I wish I could say I have been far too busy to be online, but the truth be told I have been a little lazy too. Every time I think I should update a blog post I find something more productive to do and the moment is gone as quickly as it came. I have to head to Pittsburgh for a follow up appointment this morning, so I figured this was as good a day as any!
Training is going good. The wife and I started the Warrior Diet 3 weeks ago and it is going great. The weight is coming off at a good clip and I am feeling better all around. Workout wise we are doing strictly body weight stuff: high rep push-ups, sit-ups, curls, pull-ups, and hand stands. I am surprised how quickly I am coming along. We are also doing a ton of walking on the nearby path and cardio in our living room. We have a nice circuit we do that starts with jump ropes for a minute, 15 secs rest, mountain climbers for a minute, 15 rest, punch combinations to the left, 15 secs rest, punch combos to the right, 15 secs, sprint starts, 15 secs rest, repeat 4-5 times through. Blows me up every time! You think it is easy? Try it, and push hard for the minute. It will smoke you, I dont care how good of shape you are in you will get a workout from it.
My training has changed so much over the past 2 years. My sons are the main reason for that, and my need to be with them at all times when I am home from work. They dont quite stay out of the way enough yet to be in the weight room and out of the stroller, and they love to do the body weight stuff with us, so that is the current training regiment. After reading some stuff about Monkey Bar Gym, I am not concerned with losing anything, and I am curious how my body will change and morph over time. I am not interested in bodybuilding, and my powerlifting fire is all but out, so this training suits me just fine. Most importantly, it allows all of my time to be focused on my family.
The nice weather the past few weeks has us outside a lot. We have hit the lake 4 times in the past 2 weeks to fish and my awesome wife managed to land a 10.5 pounds, 28" channel catfish. We call her the Catfish Whisperer for a reason, and that is why. Myself, I have been working a lot of light tackle and landing some decent large mouth bass, sunfish, and bluegill. I have fell in love with Joe's Flies. Those things are amazing, and just about every 1 out of 5 casts you are landing a sunfish. Trout season starts soon here in PA and I am looking forward to testing out the Joe's Flies on the trout as well!
May is right around the corner and the wife and I will be Saint Louis bound for a 6 hour fishing charter on the Mississippi river fishing for blue cats. After that July will see us up at Crooked Lake Michigan looking for large mouth, pike, and channel catfish. We will wrap up the summer season smashing Striped Bass in Tennessee with Bo Rice and his charter boat. Sounds like the perfect summer to me.
That is it for now. I hope everyone is achieving their goals and living their lives on THEIR terms! Be easy my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment