But then I just think of how lucky I am. I have a beautiful wife who loves me, I have 4 awesome kids. Life is pretty damn good!
And that leads me to my point. We can all piss and moan about the unfortunate things we have to face. We can all cry "why me?" We can all curse and yell and work ourselves into a frenzy worrying over what may come tomorrow.
OR...we can just LIVE. This morning when I opened my eyes to a smiling baby boy who was pulling on my beard, I looked over at my sleeping wife and my other baby boy sleeping in her arms. Day light was streaming in my window and I realized that it was indeed Sunday and I didnt have to get up and go to work! Then I smiled as I wrestled my son off my beard and he snuggled back into my side. A lot of people all over the world didnt wake up this morning. A lot of people woke up on the street, strung out on drugs. A lot of kids woke up in orphanages, or in crack houses, or alone.
Things can always be worse. Just when you think it couldnt get any worse, it could. I know this. I live this. Every day I just enjoy the moment. I am happy that I have RIGHT NOW. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is certainly not promised, but I have right NOW. So you have to make right now count.
Stress over money, work, bills, the car you drive, or the size of your flat screen. Or, say to hell with all of it and just enjoy your damn life RIGHT NOW.
I know what I chose. My dad is 77 years old, and he told me over Christmas that every morning at 4 am when he opens his eyes he thinks, "Hell yeah, made it to another day!" I love that! That is how you live, in the moment, for the second, minute, hour, day. Period.
I am going to go enjoy my day and climb MY mountains.

No comments:
Post a Comment