I posted up the 2012 plan, but for some reason it isnt showing up on my blog? Typical, I tend to have nothing but trouble with this thing.
At any rate, I am now 16 days to surgery so it is time to start thinking about what I want to do once I heal and I am clear to train again. The two biggest things I will be working for is to get to 180 or below bodyweight and to prepare for my first rock climb. Those are the most important things for me to train towards, so everything else is just icing on the proverbial CAKE.
The plan is to spend one, no more then two, days in the weight room. This means things will have to be specific and I will have to train total body. I want to try and maintain some strength to weight and increase my total body power. I will most likely be doing some sort of squat, bench, axle deadlift on day 1, and power cleans, curls, and overhead press on the second day.
The other days of the week will be body weight work, balance, and tons of climbing on my holds. I dont think there is any reason to do direct lat work such as rows since I will be doing so many pull-up variations. I will also be working on doing a 1-arm pull-up, another one of my 2012 paths I will venture down.
This should prepare me to climb come the end of the summer. I have thought, very briefly, about maybe doing some grip contests in the 180 class. My grip doesnt seem to be going down at all, I can still handle a #3 with a set, pinch a decent sized blob (43.5) and do 300 double overhand on my axle. Not great, but considering I havent focused on grip at all, not bad either. It is very hard for me to find the motivation for grip, but maybe, just maybe, I can do it and get a comp. or 2 in in 2012. Thinking back the last time I focused hard on grip was like 2003 or 2004. And that was the time I hit the MM1, pinched the blob, and pinched 3-25s.
Right now the priority is to get healthy after the surgery. My mom also has some stuff going on health wise that we are waiting to get an answer back about. Hopefully it isnt anything too serious, but we are waiting patiently for answers. Once these situations have been taken care of, it will be time to get on the train again and get ready for some serious rocks!
Did a bit today, some pull-downs with the blobs, benched 265 with a narrow grip pretty easy, squatting 365 with my heals 8" apart, and hauled up a 495 mid shin rack pull. Nothing too serious, but I am babying this rib right now and concentrating on weight loss, so I will take it.
Time to go run the snow blower! WHOO HOO first time this year!!!! YEEEEEAH!
I leave you with this. Why is it funny? Just because it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment