Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Home


Back home.  Surgery always sucks, but this one wasnt too awful bad.  I usually have some pretty awesome pain, but for some reason this one is almost pain free.  To stay true to the Buddhist belief, I came home with an antibiotic only, no pain meds.  However, as much as my sons are screaming cause I cant pick them up and hold them, I am thinking maybe I should have taken something to alter my perception!  LOL!

My ICD lead was ripped in half, first time my surgeon had ever seen that and he has done thousands of these surgeries.  He thinks over head or explosive lifting may have played a role, so I will have to change up my way of training.  I can still lift weights, I will just have to do things a little differently.  Endless pull-ups will most likely be a thing of the past as he thinks the pull-ups may have taken it out completely at the end.  No way of really knowing.

Now I heal and rest up.  I am going to walk tomorrow, no rest for the wicked they say!  I have a good headache kicking off due to the meds they gave me while I was in, so I will have to find something that soothes it.

Onward and upward they say.  I would prefer if life kept it's right hooks to itself for a year or 2, I can only take so much! ;)

Be easy,

-Rick 

No comments:

Post a Comment