My desire to even log on anymore is getting worse and worse. Often I have my wife check my email, and the only time I get excited is when I know my Hank Parker news letter is coming. It's pretty bad, but life outside of the internet is pretty cool.
I have reduced my list of "haunts" now to 2 forums and several fishing resources. That is it. Well, and my blog obviously.
God I love this video. My generation is ruining our kids. We really are. What ever happened to separating winners and losers? What ever happened to blue ribbons? Now every kid gets a damn trophy and they dont do relay races at the end of the school year because they dont want any kids to loose. Are you kidding me? My kid has gym once a week and they dont even do the Physical Fitness Tests anymore. When I was a kid, some kids didnt get picked for teams. Kids won ribbons for WINNING. We got trophies for WINNING, and if you sucked, you sat your ass on the bench. Period.
Wow have times changed.
Do we have to wonder what is wrong with people today? Do we have to wonder why kids are pussies? Why their parents stay at practices and yell at the coaches for being too hard? Why they go out onto the fucking field and yell and refs and coaches for their kid not being treat fairly??
Where the hell did we go wrong? When did we start growing giant vagina's?
My son said to me one day, "It's ok dad, I did my best, that is what matters." I asked him who told him that and he said his teacher. We then had a long discussion on how it DOES matter. On how sports and life are here to teach us how to win AND lose. You need to learn how to respond to losing, cause SON, you are gonna see a lot of losing as you go through life. You can cave in and say you did your best, or you can bust your fucking ass and come back a champion. Champ or chump? What's it gonna be? It took me 4 years or hell to finally get the job and respect I diserved at work. I could have just done my best, but I said fuck that, I kept at it like a pitbull on a bone and it paid off big time.
His last football game is this weekend. This season he improved a ton, his team didn't do great, they won 2 and tied 1, but he learned and got better. His off season starts Monday. He will be in the weight room 3 days a week hitting the weights. He will be on the treadmill, on the HILL, and pushing the Prowler 3 days a week. While other kids his age will be eating donuts and watching cartoons he will be putting the time in to be a fucking champion.
I didn't have this guidance as a kid. I never had anyone to push me. My sons do and will. Champions may be born, but the kid that is willing to sacrifice everything for that inch is gonna win 9 times out of 10.
He will bump to the 9 and 10 year old league next year and be the young one again. He will have something to prove. He will need to show the new coaches that he is bigger, stronger, and faster, and willing to take someones head off. He will succeed, because I, as his father, his role model, and his best friend, will not allow him to fail.
In 1.5 years my twins can start wrestling and State College has a great MMA school for kids every Saturday. We will make the 1 hour trip every weekend to get them there. To give them the opportunities to reach their every damn dream and goal. They are already doing push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, and using the climbing wall. They can tackle like crazy.
I will give them the path to allow them to be CHAMPIONS.
Don't feed into the bullshit. Be a champion, and GO GET IT.
No comments:
Post a Comment