Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Training

My training has been all over the place lately.  I have a very hard time focusing in the fall, just so much going on.  My son had baseball from April until late July (he played on a tournament team this year) and then started football.  This keeps us hopping around here because I get home from work at 5:30 pm just in time for the wife to leave and take the boy to football practice.  When she gets home around 6:10 or so, she takes back over with the babies and I try to get a workout in and eat before we are leaving again at 7:30 to pick him up.  School also started today, so it just gets busier.

Training without a goal is tough.  You just kind of chug along and make what ever gains you can, but you dont get real concerned.  You have your ups and your downs, but you dont care much because you are just maintaining.

I decided it is time to buckle down and train with some purpose.  I will be doing squat, bench, deadlift set-up with some HITT stuff thrown in for assistance.  Cardio will be 3 days a week with jump rope, treadmill sprints, and hill sprints.  Goal is to keep healthy and get stronger.  Wife is currently Cross-fitting in the mornings, so I will be climbing this milestone on my own in the Garage of Pain.

I also plan on working some grip in there somewhere.  I was stoked to smash my 145.5 rated #3 last night with barely a set with both hands.  It has been a long time since I have closed a #3 with my right hand so I will take it.  I also no set a narrow RB280 with my left hand and was very close to closing my new GHP 7 I picked up from Ben Edwards.  Not bad considering I don't train grip for shit anymore.  For not being a grip trainee, I certainly have amassed quite the arsenal!

Grippers from an Ironmind Sport to a Mash Monster #3 replica.  Also 2 adjustable from Robert Baraban, one is Chrome.  There are some 24K plated Atom Grips there too!  There are Ironminds, Tettings, RBs, Atom Grips, Fat Bastard, GNC, and GHPs.
Blobs, wrist training stuff, thick db, loading pin with accessories.
The TWINS.  2 original FATMAN blobs, no USA stamp.  Both weigh something like 53.4 lbs.  There are a TON of people out there that have offered me big bucks for these (as high as $500 a piece).  Sorry, I am not selling them.  One day I hope to witness my sons as well as my grandsons dominate these.  I may never lift them...
 
I probably have the largest unused grip collection.  I am not sure if I should be proud of that or not.  Maybe I will get the motivation to train again, if not the stuff will be there for my sons.
 
I back squatted last night.  First time in a long time as we were doing mostly fronts.  Did 210 for 3x10 real easy.  Legs are actually sore today...kind of funny to think I smoked 725 5 years ago.  Time changes everyone...
 
 
 
Let's head once more into the FRAY. 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment