This blog is about Living life on my terms, finding ME, being an awesome dad, an awesome husband, striving to make those around me as happy as I can, and learning to love everything about this crazy thing called LIFE!
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Busy week
That's my Bass Pro Shop The Strike 40-pound catfish. I miss fishing so much I went out and got a fishing xbox game and I have been CRUSHING fish. My beautiful wife also got me a gift card for BPS and I picked up some sweet spinner baits and crank baits. Spring cant come fast enough.
Work sucks. That is all I will say about it. Getting up at 0440 again sucks. I forgot how quiet the world is at 0440.
Started doing cardio. Did 35 minutes yesterday and today on the treadmill at 3.2 and 5% grade. Nothing too crazy, just some steady state to help the weight come off and keep the pressures down. Heart rate has been doing some interesting, and cool, things. Not sure what he did with this last surgery, but my heart is responding better then it has in years and I feel great while working out. Actually hit 172 on a quick jog for a minute after walking yesterday. Having been able to get it that high in a LONG time.
My muscles are seriously atrophying, so I will be back on the weights next week. Simple and sweet, high reps, time under tension, volume, etc. Still gunning to get to 180 but be ripped to the bone. The fracturing of my lead may put a premature end to my climbing hopes, I will know more late March when I see both of my doctors.
Not much else going on. Just trying to adapt to working again and being gone during the day. Diet is good, I only gained 4 pounds while I was off for surgery so that is a bonus. Now that I am back to getting some workouts in, the weight should come off.
More later. Thanks for reading, go get your goals, go change your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment