This blog is about Living life on my terms, finding ME, being an awesome dad, an awesome husband, striving to make those around me as happy as I can, and learning to love everything about this crazy thing called LIFE!
Monday, February 27, 2012
Bringing back Old Skool
A fitting video for toady's fun. By the way, tomorrow is 6 weeks post surgery so I am officially back to the business of training with weights again.
But first, allow me to apologize for not being present with some posts lately. Things have been busy and with the temps going up lately, the family and I have some serious FISH FEVER. We have been scouting some of our fishing holes and the ice is melted and the water is open. Add that to lots of shopping around lately for power worms, craws, frogs, jigging hooks, etc. etc. and doing some gun shopping too, I just haven't been home a lot lately. It is going to be near 50 and decent this weekend so I think we might just be on the lake checking to see if anything is going to take some bait...
I have been doing the usual cardio, walking on an incline, but today I actually lifted! I havent lifted since the day after Thanksgiving, so to say I am out of shape and rusty is a HUGE understatement. AND...what better way to start then with squats. I really am a sadist.
So I am bringing back the old skool shit. Just a couple exercises, 3 days a week, to increase muscle, burn fat, and keep me running on all cylinders. It will be basic and brutal.
Today:
-Squats: 190 x10, x10, x10, x10, x10. Close stance, heals 12 inches apart or less, ass to calves. I am embarrassed at that weight, and even more embarrassed that my legs are hurting so damn bad right now I want to puke. And man oh man, I was winded after these sets. I am very much out of lifting shape.
-Leg ext: 95 x20, x20.
-Donkey calves: x20, x20 wife on back.
Done. It is good to be back to lifting, even though I was sucking wind and my legs will hurt so bad tomorrow morning when I get up at 4 to walk. This too shall pass.
My twin sons were so funny in the weight room tonight, growling and yelling. They both deadlifted 22.5 pounds too. Amazing.
That's it for now. More tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment