Sunday, December 25, 2011

New blog, fresh start, welcome old and new readers

It has been a long time since I have blogged.  I posted a few weeks back and then didnt bother to post again, so today, Christmas Day, as the babies are sleeping and the older two are playing video games, I decided to get on here and change the layout and begin to blog again.


A lot has happened/changed since I last blogged.  Right now I am nursing a torn/strained intercostal muscle from doing too much climbing on my holds.  Wait, let's go back a few months so you understand what that means, "climbing on my holds."


I got back into the lifting game.  After getting myself down to 205 then having surgery to implant my new device ( a dual lead pacer/ICD) I healed for 6 weeks then looked at my pathetic body in the mirror and got back to the business of slinging weight.  Within a matter of two months I was back up to 235 and was benching 250 for 10 reps.  I went from struggling with 135 for 10, to smoking 250 for 10, all with a simple diet modification and lots of high dose BCAAs!  People still have a hard time believing I wasn't on something, but TRUST ME, I found the right way to eat for size and maximized it.  It was fun, but it again jacked my blood pressure and had my heart doctor more then a little upset with me, so I am now back on the weight loss train.  It sucks, but I have to do what is right for my kids.  So, I have begun a dive into rock climbing to strengthen me in new ways, and now I am hooked on it.  So much so that I hung 16 climbing holds in my house and use them on a daily basis and the wife and I are planning a real climb this summer-----> check my links for Fox Mountain Guides, that is who were are using.


I am on my way back down in weight.  This torn muscle has me delayed a bit.  Also, I am due for MORE surgery!  YEAH!!!!!!!!!!  I have a lead that went bad in my pacer and now I need it replaced.  They are also going to go after my PVCs and see if they can get my heart to act a little more "normal".  At any rate, I go under the knife on the 17th of January, then it will be 4-6 weeks no climbing.  Sucks, but I plan on using that time to hit my grip HARD and do as much cardio as I can to get down.  Goal weight is 180 or under!


The wife got me a new scale that determines body fat, etc.  Technically I shouldn't use it because it uses the electrical current, but it is so quick and so minimal that it should be fine.  I guess over time I will see...


So that is a quick catch up.  I WILL keep this up-to-date.  Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!


-Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment