Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting and stuff

Yesterday Casey did back squats with 60 pounds for 3 sets of 10, glute-hams 3 sets of 10, 1-legged calf raises 3 sets fo10 each leg, neck with 20 pounds 3 sets of 10 both ways, decline weighted sit-ups for 3x10, and held the 20 pound dbs with the Fatgripz on them for 28:28.  His squat form was a little off so we will stick to that weight next week to keep his head right.

Today he ran a mile at 4.2 mph and 1.5% grade.

I am having trouble getting his mind right.  When he misses a lift, he gets discouraged and he cant shake the funk.  That boy has been through more in his 8 years of life then a lot of people have in 30, so it is understandable.  His biological father, whom he was very close with, died when he was 4, and he had to deal with that the best way a 4 year old can.  I can't even imagine.  So, he locks himself into his comfortable shell and I am trying my best to be patient and help him out of it.  He has soooo much athletic potential, he just needs to learn to let go and LIVE his life and be a kid.  He needs to stop worrying about failure and just throw caution to the wind and go for it.  We are working on it every day, and we will get there.  I have nothing but confidence in that little guy!

The wife met me at work at lunch time and we went and voted.  Do your part as an American and honor those who have fought and died for our rights and VOTE.  I dont think I need to get into politics, but those who know me know I "cling to guns and religion..."

No comments:

Post a Comment